Julian Smith - Principal Surveyor
Julian Smith (Bsc.(Hons), AMYDSA, AssocIIMS) owner of Hamble Marine Surveys Ltd has gained over the past 25 years broad experience in many different areas of the marine industry. This ‘apprenticeship’ has been served worldwide with real hands-on experience gained from working on and with vessels both sail and power.
His experience has been gained through working in the following areas:-
- Commercial Sub-Sea inspection diving in West Africa
- Commercial cargo and damage surveying in UK, Africa and USA
- Running charter fleets in the Eastern Mediterranean
- RYA Instruction and Coaching in Turkey, Greece, Croatia and UK
- New Boat Sales
- Commissioning of new yachts and technical customer support
- Brokerage Boat Sales
- Yacht Cruising and Racing worldwide
Julian Smith is a member of the International Institute of Marine Surveying (IIMS), Associate member of the Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association (AMYDSA) an appointed senior MCA Code of Compliance Examiner and a commercially endorsed RYA Yachtmaster. He is also on the International Register of Marine Surveyors. He holds full Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
Hamble Marine Surveys is a UK registered company No. 10649650